Friday 11 November 2011

So what's new?

Upon finishing my second year and Uni only a week-ish ago, yes it still hasn't really hit me, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to start my own project. Thus, the 'Make a Graphic Novel in a Month' idea took place. Ideally I would love to actually finish a graphic novel in a month, as  specified but, with the usual holiday antics playing up, I presume this will be a task that will turn into 'Make a Graphic Novel in a Non-Specified Amount of Time but Ensure That it will Look Like Something Graphic Novel' (I've never been good with my words). So *Tada!* the starting of "To the Edge of the Plank and Back" took place. So far I've started with 3 tones in the cover, and I wanted to do the same for the rest of it but again, what with holiday antics taking place, I've come to the conclusion that base colours will do very well at this point of time. I do plan to go back and re-tone them though but, as holiday antics go, I'll see how much time I have.
To ensure that this was like a proper project, I also took the time to find, or re-use, a small book to plan out draft pages, and also how to draw certain things *cough* pirate ships *cough* that I didn't know how to before.
So enjoy as the project unfolds, and I hope that you find this as fascinating as I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment